Probably not, but that’s okay because it’s my fault.
Let me re-introduce myself. I’m Angelica and I hope you guys are doing well.
A lot has happened since my last post, which was back in April of this year.
Here’s the rundown:
1. My sister and her fiancé announced they were expecting their first child!!!
Congrats Dave and Monchie!!
2. My youngest daughter turned 4 years old and we had a party at the bowling alley! The theme was Peppa Pig and my husband made her TWO cakes! Yes, my hubby made those cakes you see below!
Two Peppa Pig cakes
3. My daughter received a certificate in her school for writing an essay on the most special woman in her life. She chose to write about her Grandma Rose (my mom, Rosa).
The essay read: A remarkable woman in my life is my Grandma Rose. She’s a very brave and strong woman. She became ill a few years ago and isn’t able to walk without her crutches, but she recently surprised us by walking without them by using her special brace on her right leg. This was very exciting for me. I held her hand and we walked together. It’s a memory that we now share.
(That’s a black and white copy of the original above. My daughter drew the picture and asked my mom if she could send her a picture of her wearing the brace so she could draw it. My daughter gave my mom the original for Mother’s Day.)
4. My oldest daughter turned 7 years old and we had another party at the same bowling alley! The theme was the Minions from the movie, “Despicable Me” and this time around the cake was store bought (yeah, we got lazy, but the cake was still yummy).
The birthday girl and her Minion cake!
5. My daughter successfully completed the first grade!
Summer vacation begins!
6. We went to see the New York Yankees play against the Toronto Blue Jays!
My youngest strikes up the funniest poses! 🙂
7. We went on vacation for a week with family to a Pocono resort, The Villas at Tree Tops. We had a lot of fun and great memories were created.
8. Final days of the summer were spent going to the library and spending time with family, then it was back to school!
My oldest entered the second grade and I’m keeping my youngest with me at home, even though she can enter Pre-K, but I’ll rather have that time teaching her myself and having fun together before she officially goes off to school next year.
So that’s the recap and there are so many things in the horizon, for example, we’re preparing to move (yikes, more on that later on), a Halloween themed baby shower as well as a destination wedding next year in beautiful Puerto Rico. Oh boy! or girl…it’s a surprise, due in November. We can’t wait and I hope to be a better blogger!
Take good care all.
Until next time…